IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
IPL devices use multiple wavelengths of light to treat sun-induced changes on the face, including brown pigmentation, age spots and broken blood vessels. IPL is also used to treat the facial changes of rosacea, including redness and broken capillaries. IPL may be used for these changes on the hands, neck and chest as well. It is safe, non-invasive and is tailored to the individual patient’s skin.
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) is a non-invasive and non-ablative treatment that uses high intensity pulses of visible light to improve the appearance of the following skin problems: broken facial veins, rosy cheeks, rosacea, freckles, age spots and the removal of unwanted dark hair
- Most people complete a series of monthly treatments (4 -6 sessions) and then return for a maintenance treatment once or twice a year
- Treatment sessions take approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on which area is being treated
- Patients can return to work immediately after treatment
Is It Right For You
- You have sun damage such as age spots, freckles and broken capillaries that you would like to minimize
- You have unwanted dark hair that you would like removed. These areas generally include legs, arm pits, back, face and the bikini area.
- You are looking for a skin treatment with minimal downtime.
- The treatment area is cleansed and a cool gel is applied to the area being treated with the patient in a comfortable, relaxed position. The IPL handpiece is gently applied to the skin and light pulses are applied
- IPL treatments are relatively painless compared to other facial rejuvenation techniques