The safety, effectiveness and versatility of dermal fillers have transformed the cosmetic world and how we approach the aging face. We used to think that aging was caused by gravity. Research has shown us that aging is multifactorial. Aging is the result of bone loss, changes in the soft tissue and the breakdown of collagen and elasticity in the skin. This is why a facelift is not going to make you look like you did when you were 20.
Our doctors are world-renowned for their injection techniques and are considered top facial fillers injectors in New York. They were part of the FDA trials for Radiesse and Sculptra. They helped innovate advanced injection techniques specifically to the tear trough, hands, buttocks, temples and cheeks. Our innovative injection techniques are often featured in the press when they discuss non-surgical options for rejuvenation. Some of these procedures include Liquid Eye & Facelift.
- The four facial fillers offered are Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm and Belotero.
- Our faculty members were part of the FDA trials for Radiesse and Sculptra. They helped innovate advanced injection techniques specifically to the tear trough, hands, buttocks, temples, and cheeks.
- Advanced facial fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane and Belotero have unique properties to re-structure volumize and contour the face. The longevity depends on the filler, the location treated, how the body absorbs the material, how the patient’s face ages as well as the patient’s lifestyle (sun exposure, smoking, etc.).
- Most of these fillers last between 6 to 12 months depending on the area injected. The exception is Juvederm Voluma which has been FDA approved to last up to 2 years.
- Restylane Silk, Belotero, and Juvederm Ultra are designed to correct fine lines, specifically around the mouth.
- Product likes Voluma and Restylane Lyft are made up of larger molecules making them ideal to volumize and lift the cheeks and sharpen the jawline.
- We recommend patients bring in old photographs of themselves so that our experts can carefully evaluate the patient’s unique facial features and determine which filler (if any) would be best.
- A topical numbing cream is often used to minimize discomfort with the injection of the dermal fillers.