Kybella : Injectable Chin Treatment
Kybella is a new injectable treatment for double chin, or submental fullness, that can significantly improve chin contouring without the invasiveness and downtime of surgical options. It was FDA approved in May 2015 for the reduction of submental (chin) fat after clinical studies involving more than 2600 patients.
- Dr. Eviatar is a physician trainer for Allergan, the makers of Kybella and train U.S. physicians in the use of it.
- Kybella has a substance naturally made in our body, called deoxycholic acid, that is used to break down and absorb fat.
- You have a double or triple chin.
- Patients in the clinical trials who experienced weight gain after their treatment did not see the return of their double chin
- Results typically appear within weeks to months and keep improving as additional treatments are administered
- A topical numbing cream is often used to minimize discomfort with the injection