The liquid eyelift is a similar procedure that can be an alternative to cosmetic eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) for some patients. Our expert injectors use a combination of dermal fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, and Restylane in the cheek and eye area in what is called a “sandwich” technique. Our experts inject a dermal filler such as Radiesse or Voluma deep around the orbital bone to lift the tissue, while Restylane is then injected into the tear trough to improve lower eyelid hollows and eye bags by strengthening the skin, and producing more structure and lift. This approach lifts the cheeks, softens fine lines, and improves the appearance of under eye bags.
The liquid eyelift and the “sandwich” technique were pioneered by OMNI’s own Dr. Joseph Eviatar, whose expertise in the field leads to many companies coming to him to help test and train people in the use of cosmetic products in new combinations in order to produce the best possible usage of results, such as with the liquid eyelift. Dr. Eviatar developed the liquid eyelift as an alternative to blepharoplasty in certain cases. Instead of a traditional eyelift, we use the following products:
- There is minimal downtime and mild bruising and swelling can usually be concealed with makeup. Many patients return to work right after treatment.
- Depending on the injection, the results can be seen for up to two years; as with any procedure, maintenance is important.
- You have sagging skin and wrinkles around the eye.
- You want a more youthful, but still natural looking face.
- We use numbing cream and ice packs to ensure a comfortable injection.
- To ensure a comfortable treatment, topical anesthetic is applied to the area to be injected, and the material is mixed with anesthetic solution. All injectables are administered with a very fine needle.
- Commonly a skincare regimen is recommended to help maintain youthful looking skin and optimize results.
- Often we combine the liquid eyelift procedure with muscle relaxing treatments such as BOTOX, Dysport, or Xeomin for further facial rejuvenation.