Tears are necessary for maintaining the health of the surface of the eye and for providing clear vision. When your tears can’t provide the adequate moisture your eyes need, your eyes may sting, burn or feel uncomfortable. This is known as dry eye syndrome. Because there are many causes for dry eye, the best way to treat dry eyes is a comprehensive eye exam with our optometrist. We offer a variety of treatments, tailored to alleviate your specific cause of dry eyes including radio frequency, IPL (also known as photo rejuvenation), punctal plugs, as well as others.
- Our practice has been featured in the press for treating dry eye syndrome with ILP.
- Artificial tears can be purchased without a prescription or products such as RESTASIS®, can be prescribed to improve tear function.
- Other options include punctal plugs (a small plug your doctors inserts in the tear duct), eye vitamins, flax seed, or fish oil supplements
- If your eyes often sting, burn, or feel uncomfortable
- Since we offer a wide variety of treatments of dry eyes, our optometrist is happy to explain any procedure you are interested in and see if it is the best treatment for you
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy improves the meibomian gland’s function in the eye
- The light acts as a powerful warm compress to liquefy the secretions plugging up the oil-secreting meibomian glands
- IPL therapy is recommended for four to six treatments spaced one month apart