The most common eyelid disorders include:
- Upper Eyelid Drooping (Ptosis): This drooping of the eyelid may block the upper field of vision.
- Turned In Eyelid (Entropion): Entropion is when the eyelid is rolled in toward the eye causing the eyelid and lashes to rub against the eye, making the eye red, irritated, and often painful.
- Turned Out Eyelid (Ectropion) Ectropion is when the eyelid is turned outward from the eye, causing the eyelid surface to be exposed and prone to irritation.
- Eyelid Twitching (Blepharospasm): uncontrolled blinking of the eyelids.
- Eyelid Cyst (Chalazion): an inflamed bump on the upper eyelid or lower eyelid due to a blocked meibomian gland.
- Each of these conditions can be treated by one of our board-certified ophthalmologists
- Eyelid disorders are considered medical conditions and therefore are covered by most health plans.
Is It Right For You
- If this eyelid disorder is affecting your vision or causing you pain
- Eyelid and lashes to rub against the eye, making it red, irritated, painful, and sensitive to light and wind
- All of these procedures are generally corrected with surgery and can be discussed with Dr. Eviatar