Your Foundation Before Foundation
It is no secret that great makeup starts with great skincare. The “flawless” makeup routine always starts with a comprehensive skincare regimen that addresses your skin concerns. With summer right around the corner, we’re sure you’re watching popular YouTube gurus and making quick trips to Sephora to make sure your summer selfie is perfect.
But, what are you doing for your skin? A consistent skincare regimen is one of the best ways to achieve long lasting results. A typical routine includes a cleanser, toner, treatment, moisturizer and SPF. Each step has its own unique purpose.
1. While cleansing, you are removing buildup, debris, excess oils and bacteria.
- We recommend using Elta MD’s Foaming Facial Cleanser because it is gentle, and it doesn’t dry out your skin. This cleanser is great for all skin types.
2. Toning helps rehydrate the skin by setting it back to its original PH balance.
- We recommend using the OMNI Aesthetic MD Soothing Green Tea Mist for a fun and quick toner. The toner contains green tea, witch hazel, vitamin C, humectants, sea salt, and chamomile to help your skin feel refreshed.
3. Treatments are targeted products to correct a specific problem such as acne, anti-aging, hydration, and hyperpigmentation.
- For your morning treatment, we suggest SkinCeutical’s C E Ferulic. This serum is a combination antioxidant that has 15% L-Ascorbic Acid, 1% Alpha Tocopherol, and .5% ferulic acid.
- We typically suggest a retinol for your evening treatment. Retinol helps stimulate the production of new skin cells and dark spots.
4. Your moisturizer provides hydration to your skin and prevent moisture from escaping the skin.
- Elta MD’s AM and PM therapy facial moisturizer help soothe, repair, and restore skin.
5. SPF should be applied every day on every skin tone. SPF gives you protection from UVA and UVB rays which deepen wrinkles, increase pigmentation changes, and can cause skin cancer.
- We recommend using Elta MD’s UV clear Brad-Spectrum SPF 46 because of its tinted and untinted formula and its skin friendly ingredients.
To compliment your skin care routine, we’ve listed our top three treatments that will help you prepare your skin for your summer activities!
- Over time, your skin will lose elasticity. As your skin ages, you begin to lose volume. This is where fillers come in. JUVEÐERM VOLUMA, a neurotoxin, adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks to help create a more youthful appearance. The filler’s special skin loving ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid (HA.) Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance that delivers nutrients to the skin. HA helps the skin replenish moisture to achieve younger looking skin.
- Spring is the perfect season for laser treatments. We love the Clear and Brilliant treatment because it is a non-invasive way to minimize the appearance the size of pores, improve skin tone and texture, and prevent the signs of aging. This treatment is great for a fresh look to help boost the effectiveness of your regular skin care regimen.
- A chemical peel is a great way to achieve deeper exfoliation and rejuvenated skin. Using acids, the top layers of the skin are gently dissolved. This stimulates the rapid production of newer, healthy skin cells that are pushed to the surface of the skin. This causes the older cells to shed and be replaced by new skin to produce healthy new skin cells.
What are you doing to help prepare your skin for summer? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to call us at 212-257-0007 to ask any questions about preparing your unique routine.